It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No window appeared after I clicked "play" the game. Can only force quit it...
I heard about installing wineskin can solve this problem and I tried this before, but somehow, the fan roared after I played the wineskin BG2 complete, so I degraded my mac to mojave considering it might be the 32-bit issue, still it didn't work on Mojave. Any solution to this?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Problem solved. What you need: Mac Mojave or lower version; the BG2 complete (classic) that you acquired through serial key.

What you need to do: Download BG2 complete, and then find this app icon in your Application in Finder, and Right click BG2 complete => Show package contents => Click "Contents" => Click "Resources" => Click "Game" => Right click "Baldur's Gate 2" => Show package contents => Click "Wineskin" => Set screen options => Cancel Check "Auto Detect CPU Info for Direct3D" => Done => Quit.

Now launch this game in Application again, and you can play it now.

This is a way I know that you can play BG1&2 vanilla in Mac while making sure your fan and CPU temperature work fine.
Post edited September 27, 2022 by Oscarimo
Thanks for the solution.

I had a permission problem on run because of the trustlevel of the distributor.
I had to set the permission for the game on first run.

I could not start Wineskin before the permission of the main game application had been set.

I used also a solution for Baldurs Gate 1 here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/bg1_wont_start_on_mac/post3
Post edited April 16, 2024 by infi