It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

How can you tell if gog is selling a native version of a game?
LU2004: How can you tell if gog is selling a native version of a game?
In the rare cases when they use Wine wrapped game, they list it like here:

https://www.gog.com/en/game/flatout_2

> Requires Wine and dependencies The Linux version comes with a 32-bit binary only. This is a Wine game and requires your local Wine package in order to play
nem1234: (…)
High rated spam, this is a new low for GOG forum…
Amazing information.
vv221: High rated spam, this is a new low for GOG forum…
For some reason I don't see "report" button anymore. Is it gone just for me or everyone has this issue?
vv221: High rated spam, this is a new low for GOG forum…
shmerl: For some reason I don't see "report" button anymore. Is it gone just for me or everyone has this issue?
It's gone for me too. Maybe it got abused too much? Or there's no work force any more to proceed even through valid reports? Or maybe it got replaced by some automated system and it will all get reverted in few months after some people will start to exploit it regularly on commercial basis. :evil grin:
shmerl: For some reason I don't see "report" button anymore. Is it gone just for me or everyone has this issue?
ped7g: It's gone for me too. Maybe it got abused too much? Or there's no work force any more to proceed even through valid reports? Or maybe it got replaced by some automated system and it will all get reverted in few months after some people will start to exploit it regularly on commercial basis. :evil grin:
It disappeared when GOG removed the downvote button. Then they sort-of replaced the report function with a thread for reporting spam. Which works pretty poorly, as you can imagine.
My understanding is that the report button never reported anything but was just a simple automatic function, which became pretty useless when too many understood that.

We now have this sticky thread:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/spambot_report_thread
...where we report offenders and then some moderator looks into it when they have time.
I see this thread is no longer a sticky on the first page of the forum.
I wonder if it tells us something about GOG willingness to provide a good support for Linux users.
vv221: I see this thread is no longer a sticky on the first page of the forum.
I wonder if it tells us something about GOG willingness to provide a good support for Linux users.
It does not really mean anything, they simply cleaned sticky section of the forum. :)

Personally, I would have unpinned the outdated "Forum FAQs (New to the forum? Click here!)" thread as well.
Since most games are run in Wine now anyway, it's a good thread as any to discuss games issues.

So I managed to set up System Shock in Wine/esync 8.9 + dxvk/vkd3d-proton. The game runs, but it asks to install msvc runtime on each launch. Even if you say yes, it asks again next time you run it. Is there some way to work around that?

That said, I didn't use GOG installer but simply set up things manually with help of lgogdownloader Galaxy updating feature. May be installer has some steps that prevent the above.

The actual game seems to work well after that though!

The other issue was green screen in the video logo from Night Dive.

UPDATE:

OK, I managed to clean up the error message though the process is a bit convoluted. I can explain if anyone needs it.
Post edited May 31, 2023 by shmerl
I did back the SS1 remake at kickstarter, opted for GOG key.. expecting native linux binary.

So here I am, with game in GOG library and it's win only. *shrug*

Although I have to admit in 2023 it's rather my distro problem, that I'm avoiding wine/proton, but I don't want to risk the hassle with 32bit libs on ubuntu based distro, it always ends in some trouble.

*sigh* ... anyway, I'm not that much into replaying SS1 right now, so I guess I can wait (for other distro, or wine becoming full 64b ... should be pretty close? ... or for native version of SS1 remake, if it ever happens).
ped7g: I did back the SS1 remake at kickstarter, opted for GOG key.. expecting native linux binary.
When they started I think they used Unity and dropped plans for the native Linux version when they switched to UE4. And given bad reputation of UE4 native Linux support, I'm not surprised they didn't bother with it. Look at Everspace 2. it's more Epic's fault than anything. Games developers have more important woes than fixing UE4 mess for Epic.

That said, I also wanted to see native Linux version, but I don't mind playing it in Wine - it works very well.

I'm using Debian testing and have no issue with 32-bit multilib needed for Wine in general.
Post edited June 01, 2023 by shmerl
Now we have had monitors with variable refresh rate for quite a long time with support from the graphics cards and operating systems/drivers. I just wish that it would be easier to turn it on in Linux and harder to mess it up :-(
Post edited June 01, 2023 by Themken
Themken: Now we have had monitors with variable refresh rate for quite a long time with support from the graphics cards and operating systems/drivers. I just wish that it would be easier to turn it on in Linux and harder to mess it up :-(
Is it? I have GSYNC and it's just a toggle in the Nvidia drivers. I've checked it with the indicator occasionally.

This is on X11 though, with a single monitor. I understand on Wayland it might be trickier at the moment? Or is the AMD process much more involved with Freesync?