It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready for Battle vs Chess – a game that calls for an interactive feather duster, chartering the successful chess game principle into the present day multimedia world!

Battle vs Chess is based on the simple yet ingenious concept of creating a fusion between professional chess software and upbeat, combat oriented game mechanics, complete with richly animated game pieces. At the outset of a match things seem quite basic: a 3D game board pits two opponents against each other in a seemingly ordinary game of chess. The game board itself is set in one of six available environments, each with its own unique landscape and presentation features. Traditionally recognized game pieces have been given a facelift as hulking stone golems and beastly chimaeras take the place of the typical rook and knight pieces respectively.

You can now also get:
Battle vs Chess - Floating Island DLC
Battle vs Chess - Dark Desert DLC
Battle vs Chess - Art & Music Premium Pack
Battle vs Chess - Grandmaster Edition
Battle vs Chess - Grandmaster Premium Edition

All the titles are launching with a -50% discount until May 13th, 1 PM UTC – now on GOG!
Can't go wrong with chess.
Those certainly are a hit parade of awards, but what does "Blueray.de" have to do with anything? Who or what awarded them the "Special Award"?
What is "HiT"?
Seen this on another platform and wondered why isn't on gog. Good to see that it finally came here.
Post edited April 30, 2024 by 00063
There is something hilarious about "Chess - now with DLC!", but it does actually look pretty good, though definitely overpriced.
Now I want a Worms chess. With rocket launchers, holy hand grenades and all... Halleluhjah!

(edit: unintended quote, removed)
Post edited April 30, 2024 by g2222
high rated
I was interested but:
The game is from 2011 and requires Windows 10?

Second:
Minimum system requirements -> Broadband Internet connection

Why??

Well after reading the horror reviews about the drm activation I will skip this until it is more clear what this game wants from me and what it does more than being a chess game :)
Post edited April 30, 2024 by UUNPV
Targem Games: Hey Interplay, can I copy your homework?

Interplay: Sure, but change some bits as to not make it obvious.

Targem Games: Sure, I'll add a "vs" in the title and a 3d engine, to make it more HoMM-ish, thanks. Oh, and some DLC!

:P

P.S.: Interplay actually took them to court for it in the US, lol.
Post edited April 30, 2024 by WinterSnowfall
UUNPV: I was interested but:
The game is from 2011 and requires Windows 10?
It should support Windows XP SP3 / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, also Linux and mac apparently that are missing in the gog release for some reason. At least that's what is listed at the other place.

Clearly another case of second class citizens version (at least gog version should be DRM-free, right?). There is no reason that it doesn't work on Win XP/Vista/7 as it should (unless something got messed up here), but the missing Linux it's just shameful.
Post edited April 30, 2024 by 00063
Weird, is this not on Steam anymore? Pretty good reviews according to Wikipedia.

Anyway, I like seeing newer old games show up, like ones that GOG originally rejected or didn't show up at original launch date for one reason or another.

Just hope for some a little bit higher on the community wishlist of course.

edit: OH, I guess it's Check vs Mate on Steam. Hopefully GOG using the original title here doesn't piss off Interplay (unless Interplay is already pissed at something and that's why we don't have Tornado yet :p)
Post edited April 30, 2024 by tfishell
If you like chess, you want to play it in 2D, where you can actually see all the pieces on the board (and with no animation). If you don't like it/want something different, then why limit yourself to a 8x8 grid?
(And even among 8x8 grid games, I'd rather try Into the Breach instead.)
Is TopWare pretty much dead now? As far as I can tell the only new thing they released/published in the last 9 years was one indie RPGmaker game, and that was four years ago. It certainly looks like they're joining the status of the likes of Interplay.
One_of_Many: If you like chess, you want to play it in 2D, where you can actually see all the pieces on the board
Exactly, like in real chess!

Wait...
Breja: Exactly, like in real chess!
You have a point lol, but at least currently and with the exception of the most important tournaments, chess is mostly played online (in 2D).
Hope we get the Linux version in the near future.