It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Onoskelis – latest DLC to action adventure horror Succubus is available on GOG!

In the base game you become a demonic priestess of lust - Vydija, and use her unique skills to take revenge on your enemies and regain your kingdom making hell tremble under your hooves! Onoskelis on the other hand allow you to play as titular wild, brutal and barrier-free demoness. Gaining new ice and fire powers that will help you emphasize your superiority over other demons.

It’s violent, it’s bloody, it’s not safe for work! Jump right into the fun.
Took forever, but better late than never.
Nevermind, I was wrong. :P
Post edited November 02, 2022 by NuffCatnip
Not unless $3.99US counts as free to you.
DoomSooth: Not unless $3.99US counts as free to you.
There's a newer Halloween themed costume DLC.
Hi,

According to the madmind discord, the halloween dlc will be out next week. The halloween dlc is temporary free but will eventually be paid for later. There is nothing free.

you can read this information on the page of another store :

"We are proud to announce that today you receive an update as well as free - time limited access to the new DLC! "

"Only now, you can try out the new armor completely for free, which will soon be available as a paid add-on to the game!"
Post edited November 02, 2022 by GoGloulou974
GoGloulou974: Hi,

According to the madmind discord, the halloween dlc will be out next week. The halloween dlc is temporary free but will eventually be paid for later. There is nothing free.

you can read this information on the page of another store :

"We are proud to announce that today you receive an update as well as free - time limited access to the new DLC! "

"Only now, you can try out the new armor completely for free, which will soon be available as a paid add-on to the game!"
I misread their statement and didn't register it was a 'trial', thanks for clarifying. :)
Post edited November 02, 2022 by NuffCatnip
GOG.com: ...
It’s violent, it’s bloody, it’s not safe for work! Jump right into the fun.
You forgot "it's hot".
SargonAelther: Took forever, but better late than never.
Yeah, madmind really does not care about GOG. I am happy if we get their updates in less than a year later than Steam. GOG really should do something about that treatment some devs give GOG and their customers but they don't care even less ... the only thing that's important is that we pay money.
Post edited November 03, 2022 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Yeah, madmind really does not care about GOG. I am happy if we get their updates in less than a year later than Steam. GOG really should do something about that treatment some devs give GOG and their customers but they don't care even less ... the only thing that's important is that we pay money.
Get real, we are a tertiary market, and a tiny fraction of the PC user base.
You want the treatment of the primary market, get a Console, want Primary PC Market get Steam.
You want DRM free, no Store Client required, you get GOG offline installers.

GOG can't force devs, or publishers to give GOG equal priority.
Hell Skyim has been released Everywhere so many times it's become an historic meme.
Released 11th November 2011, finally released on GOG 30th September 2022, only 11 years later.

Plus why is this overpriced reskin Microtransactions what you are griping about.
It;s all fluff not worth paying for.

By that I mean it doesn't reach the $0.01 value threshold.
I paid £17.59 at launch, but we Strongman their case, and use full price of £19.49 ($24,99)
Cheapest DLC is £1.49 ($1.99), so were strong manning the case for this (Strongman: Giving opposing positions best case).

Simply divide Base game cost by Microtransaction cost, gives number of microtransactions to equal entire games price.
Base Game Cost = 13 Microtransaction Reskins (again Strongman to them, it's only 12.55 using Dollars).

13 of the cheapest microtransactions, is equal to the entire game in terms of Dev hours to make for content sold.
Strongman their argument, but it still fails to rise above worthless trash, despite giving them their best case..

This is all worthless trash at price sold, all the current DLC on though Store, will not be worth $1, but it wouldn't be a total scam.
This is basically any DLC content, in any game you want to check, they have to be providing a substantial game expansion, for prices over $5.

This was the point CDPR made with Witcher 3, there DLC was worthless as standalone content, so free updates.
Only the two expansions were worth buying, even they were a little overpriced, compared to the base game.
But that base game VFM price could have been higher, so overall the Expansions were worth buying.

It doesn't matter whether microtransactions trash comes to GOG, or not.
I will NEVER pay for microtransactions.
MarkoH01: Yeah, madmind really does not care about GOG. I am happy if we get their updates in less than a year later than Steam. GOG really should do something about that treatment some devs give GOG and their customers but they don't care even less ... the only thing that's important is that we pay money.
UhuruNUru: Get real, we are a tertiary market, and a tiny fraction of the PC user base.
You want the treatment of the primary market, get a Console, want Primary PC Market get Steam.
You want DRM free, no Store Client required, you get GOG offline installers.
That's nonsense. Just like GOG has an obligation to their partners they also have an obligation to their customers. GOG already is known not just for DRM-free games but also as the store of missing updates ... GOG knows about this problem since years and simply does not want to change it because they are scared to lose partners. Instead they are losing customers and allready HAVE lost a lot of them. Don't know if this is the better alternative. I don't demand the exact same treatment as Steam gets, I am well aware that devs are developing on Steam that they are testing on Steam and that they are bugfixing on Steam so a bit of delay for the GOG update is expected by me. But madmind simply neglects GOG for MONTHS just because they can. Agony (original) is the first release without ANY update even though it has received a lot of updates BEFORE it even has been released on GOG - they simply uploaded a very old version to GOG. GOG is aware, I created a ticket ... madmind is aware, I told them on discord ... they just don't care! There's a difference in expecting the exact same treatment and expecting to be treated with just a little bit of respect - add to this that most GOG versions are even more expensive.

UhuruNUru: GOG can't force devs, or publishers to give GOG equal priority.
Afaik it is even in the contract that devs have to update GOG in a timely manner to other stores. Devs even talked about this on Twitter. So, they are already forcing them - they just don't care if they breach contract.

UhuruNUru: Hell Skyim has been released Everywhere so many times it's become an historic meme.
Released 11th November 2011, finally released on GOG 30th September 2022, only 11 years later.
I am not talking about missing releases - this is up to each publisher/dev and I have not paid a single dime for a missing reelase. I am talking about products on which I already spent money on, expecting that I would get future support along with them. That's a completely different thing.

UhuruNUru: Plus why is this overpriced reskin Microtransactions what you are griping about.
It;s all fluff not worth paying for.
1) Succubus does not have any mictrotransactions.
2) It does not matter if a certain product is (subjectively) good or bad, this is about respecct for the customer.

UhuruNUru: This is all worthless trash at price sold, all the current DLC on though Store, will not be worth $1, but it wouldn't be a total scam.
This is basically any DLC content, in any game you want to check, they have to be providing a substantial game expansion, for prices over $5.
Your subjective opinion only - and again, it does not change the main problem. Also, I was basically talking about the update that came along with the DLC.

UhuruNUru: I will NEVER pay for microtransactions.
Like I said, there aren't any microtransactions in Succubus or the DLCs - just skins, and a few more fights, enemys and cutscenes.
This one isn't just skins. Among other things, the onoskelis doesn't have the same abilities. That's what the description says, anyway.
MarkoH01: Blah, blah. Not Microtransactions
Note: the Blah Balah is meant to signify, I didn't want to quote entire post, not that I'm ignoring what yo said, I'm responding to your entire post, just not quoting it all (Do same for mine if you wat, quoting long posts like ours just doubles the length, for no good reason.

I'm not interested in what contracts we don't see, and may even vary dependent on Publisher'sx strengths might say.
I'm talking about the realities of being a niche site.

Sure GOG can "Pressure the Publisher", but it reality is market forces define what "Timely Manner" means, and if the number of copies sold on GOG doesn't justify the cost of parity releases, Timely can mean once stable, it's likely support obligations that delays adding content until the early adopters find the bugs, a Steam 1st release, is beta QA testing of GOG version to me.
(Thanks Steam fangirls, your contribution to GOG Definitive Complete editions is appreciated, by this GOG fangirl).

GOG is really struggling to survive, and losing money as it is. If we know it, publisher's know it.
Just what do you think GOG can do, if for financial reasons the publisher can show that timely manner, means extended waits.

Games Not being released on GOG for years, is for the exact same niche market reasons.
Sony released Horizon: Zero Dawn here, and then nothing since. That game can't even get enough sales here to justify the cost to a Publisher Like Sony, and we get nothing at all from MS because "Gamespass"

Another trash tier business model, release base game as Rental, that may be removed in the future, and sell DLC always full price, exactly same model Epic Games uses with it's Free Games.

If you want all the content, it's usually cheaper to buy it all on GOG (or Steam), than get base game Free and full price DLC on Epic.

Fact is GOG is struggling to get any games here that are actually profitable, and the more "Indie" (rarely a deserved label).
Most games claiming indie status, are just smaller dev studios, "Indie" means, Self Financed, and Self Published.
I've seem Blizzard Fangirls, claim ex Blizzard devs, are an Indie Startup, when they get $100 million in Venture Capital Funding FFS.

Which brings me to "NOT MICROtransactions".
You do know what MICRO represents, and what "Transactions" represents, don't you?
Obviously not.

In your defense the entire gaming industry spent millions twisting the meaning of a word they hated being used.
We used it to describe low effort trash Microtransaction DLC. So you've been persuaded by marketing BS, to use their distorted Micro=Price definition.

Gamers created the original meaning, and that is the definition I will always use, not whatever you may believe it means
MICRO = Tiny amount of content. TRANSACTION massively increased cost, on the order of +1000% profit margins.

When 13 of the cheapest low effort reskin DLCs (Like Play as NPC already in game reskins), is sold for the same price as the entire game, they're is no other way to define such overpriced ripoff content than as a Microtransaction, AND calling it that is intended to draw your attention to the fact it's overpriced utter Trash, a free bit of bonus fluff, is it's VFM price individually.

That means it's true value which can only be evaluated by us, in dev time expended, when compared to the base game cost.
If that is less than $0.01, and thus objectively worth nothing as standalone content, and very little more, if it's all bundled up.

If you think, but it has No Cash Shop, well that I give a specific name, a MICS (Microtransaction Infested Cash Shop).
That is a business model red line for me, I don't play/buy/promote MICS with bolt on game modes.

My stance is clear, and uncompromising
No Microtransactions, No Excuses Accepted, No Exceptions Allowed.
Game in a MICS (Microtransaction Infested Cash Shop), I've zero "Engagement".

Publisher does it before release, I just won't buy that game, but if they do it after release, I won't buy anything they publish, until it's removed, and even then, it will be long after release.

All Succubus DLC are Microtransactions, but there is no MICS, so it can be ignored, and left on the store.
If it had a MICS, I would never have even bought the game.
Post edited November 04, 2022 by UhuruNUru
DoomSooth: This one isn't just skins. Among other things, the onoskelis doesn't have the same abilities. That's what the description says, anyway.
It's not only about "Just Skins", it's the price charged for Dev Effort involved.

You can get 6.7 of this specific DLC for price of base game, We Stromgman their argument, so we say 7×DLC=Base Game.
Then look at that as a value proposition, and consider, have they just given the player control of the already coded NPC.
I haven't checked that last bit, so I'm again giving them the benefit of doubt, and assuming all new.
Even with everything weighted towards their best case, no way 7 of this DLC is equal to the entire games value.

Use Witcher 3 as the good value example, you can strongman against W3, (Buy Expansions Separate, instead of bundled pack I bought, and still they come off well.
DLC is Free, and best VFM you can get.
Expansions Bundled $25, Split HOS=$10 BAW=$20 (From GOG Database)

So even Strongman in our favour (Highest Cost) that comes to $30.
A little overpriced, but you could make a good case that $60 for base game was under priced for the amount of content.

So overall the expansions are still good value for content provided, and unlike other Publishers, CDPR has dropped the full price cost, then heavily discounted in sales,

It's when we get to the ridiculous 1000% profit margins that we descend to Microtransaction levels, and none of the Succubus DLC can rise above it. DLC rarely will, you have to reach expansion level before any added content is worth paying for.

Now 15 years after "Horse Armour DLC", we are seeing +100,000% in the worst of the MICS (Microtransaction Infested Cash Shops).
Yet still Blizzard Fangirls Pay, then moan.

Remember "It's Just Cosmetics2, was the Overwatch defence, yet now they bleat, but we told them it would descend to this.
The only defence to a MICS, is never buy games with them, alone you don't change the industry, but you do change what you play.

Collectively, we can stop Microtransactions within a few months, the NFT backlash shows the effect, voting with your wallet works.
I'm not naive enough to think that critical mass will be reached with microtransactions, but I don't need it to, I'm MICS free already.
UhuruNUru: It's not only about "Just Skins", it's the price charged for Dev Effort involved.
You don't have to convince me. I already buy all of this stuff that I want. Only things I didn't buy for Succubus were the artbook and soundtrack. It's rare that a soundtrack interests me and the ony time I buy an artbook is if it already comes with the edition I want.
Post edited November 04, 2022 by DoomSooth