It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With UltraViolet shutting down on July 2019, would it be possible to link UltraViolet accounts to Gog so that existing Gog users won't lose their UltraViolet movies and TV shows?

The main problem is that while American UltraViolet account-holders have several ways to link their accounts to save their libraries (WalMart's VUDU, Disney's MovieAnywhere, Sony Digital) Europeans and Canadians have no such support. This means that unless some company (like Gog) steps up to help out and link accounts, Europeans and Canadians will permanently lose everything they have purchased in the UltraViolet digital platform! That's real money being lost!

Does Gog like this idea of linking UltraViolet accounts to Gog?

What about Gog users who stand to lose their UltraViolet libraries?

What say you?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I can assume that the reason you can link your account to only:
ShawnHopscotch: WalMart's VUDU, Disney's MovieAnywhere, Sony Digital
is because only these services already offer all/some of the movies and TV shows available on UltraViolet. GOG is a gaming platform, that also happens to offer several gaming related movies and documentaries. Why would you ask this here on GOG, and not on STEAM, where at least there available quite a few movies.

EDIT: I've never heard of UltraViolet so that's the extent of my input.
Post edited February 01, 2019 by MadalinStroe
like most of these services. uk is left out. waiting ages for something like this. i know some people use vpns to take advantage of free movie promotions but i've been waiting for a proper solution.
I've been using Flixter for my movies. Shame really, I like this service.
GOG tried to add movies to their store, but sadly they failed to convince the industry.
They currently only have a few indie shorts, mostly documentaries.
There's no way UV will come here, sorry.
Post edited February 01, 2019 by phaolo
ShawnHopscotch: With UltraViolet shutting down on July 2019, would it be possible to link UltraViolet accounts to Gog so that existing Gog users won't lose their UltraViolet movies and TV shows?

The main problem is that while American UltraViolet account-holders have several ways to link their accounts to save their libraries (WalMart's VUDU, Disney's MovieAnywhere, Sony Digital) Europeans and Canadians have no such support. This means that unless some company (like Gog) steps up to help out and link accounts, Europeans and Canadians will permanently lose everything they have purchased in the UltraViolet digital platform! That's real money being lost!

Does Gog like this idea of linking UltraViolet accounts to Gog?

What about Gog users who stand to lose their UltraViolet libraries?

What say you?
So GOG should spend money getting licenses for things they've tried (and failed) to sell so that people who have paid someone else can migrate their collections to GOG for free? Sounds legit.
UV isn't coming here. If anything, I think Hollywood would rather you buy these movies all over again just to access them on another similarly DRM'd service until said service also shuts down and you repeat that vicious cycle.

And they wonder why people pirate their movies.
There is no possible way that what the OP is asking for would ever actually happen.

In general, this is a great example of why buying DRM'ed products is never a good idea.
Have you asked Maybelline, Ford and Nike the same thing?
GoG should have went after low budget and so bad it's good style of movies. The type where you can usually find them for free on youtube and brought them here and sold them for a few £$€