It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

some economy series books

the cathcer in the rye
Post edited June 23, 2021 by michaelthugger
oldgamebuff42: The Day of Battle by Rick Atkinson. One of the best WWII History books I've read by one the best non-fiction writers I have read.
That's an excellent trilogy. I found it was really well paced, and very well researched. Almost reads like a good novel.
Currently finishing up The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski, the first collection of short stories in the Witcher series. I love the games but the show was actually what inspired me to read the books and I'm glad I am. They're absolutely brilliant, Sapkowski is a genius.

My next reads will be Sword of Destiny (also by Sapkowski) and Cavan Scott's Star Wars: The Rising Storm, the next main book in the High Republic series.
I read Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen and started reading Faust, Part One by Goethe.
The Swords of Lankhmar by Fritz Leiber.
oldgamebuff42: The Day of Battle by Rick Atkinson. One of the best WWII History books I've read by one the best non-fiction writers I have read.
TerriblePurpose: That's an excellent trilogy. I found it was really well paced, and very well researched. Almost reads like a good novel.
I most definitely agree.

Since my last post I've finished that book and several others, and right now I am reading Shadowrise by Tad Williams.
EDIT: I know I quoted myself here. That's an honest mistake on my part, not trying to be arrogant or anything LOL.
Post edited June 28, 2021 by oldgamebuff42
The OP Lich is a Returnee: Book 1 (Lich Returnee) - Kindle edition by Stuart Grosse.

It was a fun read and I didn't realize it was a short novel until someone mentioned it in a review. Maybe it was, but it didn't feel that way to me.

FYI, there are no harems or explicit adult themes in it and the MC is female, sort of (the title kind of gives it away). :)
I started rereading the foundation series by Asimov in the chronological order last year.
I've already read the first 5, now it's time for Foundation's Edge
Actually I read my screen ^^
more seriuously I'm in the Great manual to make natural medicine from Ch. Bernard.
I'm doing my yearly reading of The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, starting with The Hobbit.
El juguete rabioso by Roberto Arlt.
huppumies: I'm doing my yearly reading of The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien, starting with The Hobbit.
Will you mix in the portions of The Silmarillion that are especially relevant to those events? And the Unfinished Tales?
Time Machine by H.G. Wells
Carradice: Will you mix in the portions of The Silmarillion that are especially relevant to those events? And the Unfinished Tales?
Oh no, I'm in no hurry to read The Silmarillion again. It's great for background, but as a book I didn't really enjoy it. Also, I think part of the appeal of LOTR is that there's references to the rich history of Middle-Earth that are never really expounded upon. There's an air of mystery and unanswered questions that make the world feel more alive. I don't think I've ever really fully read the appendices, just the bits about what happened to the fellowship after the books.
Carradice: Will you mix in the portions of The Silmarillion that are especially relevant to those events? And the Unfinished Tales?
huppumies: Oh no, I'm in no hurry to read The Silmarillion again. It's great for background, but as a book I didn't really enjoy it. Also, I think part of the appeal of LOTR is that there's references to the rich history of Middle-Earth that are never really expounded upon. There's an air of mystery and unanswered questions that make the world feel more alive. I don't think I've ever really fully read the appendices, just the bits about what happened to the fellowship after the books.
That makes sense. The air of mystery and nostalgia are a part of the appeal of the story of the Ring. I think there was somewhere an account of the meeting between Gandalf and Thorin where the mission to the Lonely Mountain was planned, which might be fun to read. Right now I do not remember whether it appeared in the Silmarillion (possibly?) or in the Appendices, but it worked for me. Agreed that the accounts of what happened to the members of the fellowship of the Ring after the main book adds to the overall story. Enjoy!!!! and if you ever find something even remotely like TLOTR, do not forget to share!! ;-)