It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

OldOldGamer: Long time I've not bought on GOG, sadly.

And I think no sale will change that.
I wonder how many people reduced their shopping on here.
real.geizterfahr: I think quite a lot of the old users "reduced their shopping here". It's only natural. If you already have all the classics you want, new classics are rare and new games don't interest you much (or you're afraid that you'll end up with a game that won't recieve patches) than there's nothing to buy for you. But there'll always be new users who don't already have everything they want.
Sure lack of classics is a problem. But also lack of new interesting games.

The website changing for the worse contributed too.

I'm just not excited anymore on these sales. They just seems... thrown there, to fill a perceived need from the community.
What we really need is a sale where you pay $3 for a game without knowing what you're getting... and then you open it up and it's yet another of these "bit trip" pieces of crap.

Those are great. Let's do those.
yogsloth: What we really need is a sale where you pay $3 for a game without knowing what you're getting... and then you open it up and it's yet another of these "bit trip" pieces of crap.

No, it would never work.

I have a better idea.

A sale that makes you stay up all night, only to fall asleep for ten minutes and find out out when you woke up you missed the one game you were staying up all night to get.

NO WAIT! AN EVEN BETTER IDEA:

A sale that makes you sit in front of your computer for five hours staring at a caption that reads "Still 300 Jack Keanes Left!"
Post edited December 04, 2018 by tinyE
tinyE: No, it would never work.

I have a better idea.

A sale that makes you stay up all night, only to fall asleep for ten minutes and find out out when you woke up you missed the one game you were staying up all night to get.

NO WAIT! AN EVEN BETTER IDEA:

A sale that makes you sit in front of your computer for five hours staring at a caption that reads "Still 300 Jack Keanes Left!"
Pfffft. Talk about science fiction. You couldn't make something less believable.
yogsloth: What we really need is a sale where you pay $3 for a game without knowing what you're getting... and then you open it up and it's yet another of these "bit trip" pieces of crap.

HAHAHA! I recall that type of sale.
Patience friend, it will arrive.

For the winter sales, GOG isn't afraid to hold them at the same time Steam does (going by the previous ones), so don't expect it *that* soon. It's only for the summer versions, that everyone (or at least GOG) makes to ensure there are no clashes with Steam.
Post edited December 04, 2018 by Nicole28
Meh . What a boring week this is .
real.geizterfahr: I think quite a lot of the old users "reduced their shopping here". It's only natural. If you already have all the classics you want, new classics are rare and new games don't interest you much (or you're afraid that you'll end up with a game that won't recieve patches) than there's nothing to buy for you. But there'll always be new users who don't already have everything they want.
OldOldGamer: Sure lack of classics is a problem. But also lack of new interesting games.

The website changing for the worse contributed too.

I'm just not excited anymore on these sales. They just seems... thrown there, to fill a perceived need from the community.
Add me to the list. I dont recall the last game i bought, but its certainly way down. My issue has been the new offerings are generally massively overpriced indies. They may look interesting but the price tag is wholly unrealistic. A sale on some of these items may make me spend a bit this season.
By this time tomorrow we'll be 220 minutes deep into the Winter Sale.

MARK MY WORDS!

Any leaks from some obscure Polish or German game sites?
Paraharaha: .
Well, I guess you have a point here.
Arnold says it better than me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWePWdF0tXk
DadJoke007: Arnold says it better than me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWePWdF0tXk
This might be interesting for ya, Terminator actors then and now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5ZKBnMRYoU
What are the odds that gog will abandon the atrocious format they introduced for major sales with the 10th anniversary and Black Friday sales? You know, the one where they simply redirect you to the catalogue page where you browse the first 5 or so pages and then give up because navigating the catalogue is just so goddamn cumbersome. The one where you have to rely on wishlists and user posts on the forum to actually find any deals.
fronzelneekburm: What are the odds that gog will abandon the atrocious format they introduced for major sales with the 10th anniversary and Black Friday sales? You know, the one where they simply redirect you to the catalogue page where you browse the first 5 or so pages and then give up because navigating the catalogue is just so goddamn cumbersome. The one where you have to rely on wishlists and user posts on the forum to actually find any deals.
not much of a chance there i guess. I also dislike it.

Anyway 6 hours, 6 minutes and 6 seconds left for the Winter Sale!

Sale of the Beast?
Strange that nobody has been able to find an early leak about the sale.