It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
VanishedOne: Every change to the spam report process seems to add friction. GOGcubs will ever believe the old GOGbears who remember the forum's built-in report function.
What do you mean "every change"? The anti-spam forum thread was created by forum users not GOG staff. It was to reduce friction by drawing attention to spam as wherever the report button was sending reports was not being monitored.

That report button was also accompanied by a downvote button as well though, which if enough people pressed, would flag the post as "low rated" (not withstanding bots)

Why would GOG move to a system where reporting is less visible, and also deprives forum users of any agency whatsoever? It's a clear message from GOG: "These are our forums, not your forums."

And it's a return to the report button system, except this time it's a web form which you have to find, in a separate place, and then copy and paste the url, and explain why spam is spam. And it will be underused because it is poorly designed. And then, after a few months of this terrible idea not working, that web form will no longer be monitored. And we will have come full circle.
BreOl72: 100% agreement.
Well, they'll find out.

Oh, and yes: personally, I feel now much less inclined to report spam/bots.
Well, I wasn't motivated before, but adding a layer of bureaucracy is...certainly a past-Soviet solution to the problem.
Instead of implementing one of many solutions of which no less than 5 could I bleat as a sheep could.

Oh well. Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy. Rzucać grochem o ścianę
lupineshadow: The anti-spam forum thread was created by forum users not GOG staff.
The original one was. The one that just got locked was the official replacement: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/spambot_report_thread?staff=yes
lupineshadow: except this time it's a web form which you have to find
Well, find once at least. I've bookmarked the link, as should every forum user.
high rated
g2222: A big disadvantage of the new report mechanism is that one cannot see anymore if others have reported a problem already or not.
That could lead either to a flood of similar reports -OR- forum users losing interest in reporting anything at all.
BreOl72: 100% agreement.
Well, they'll find out.

Oh, and yes: personally, I feel now much less inclined to report spam/bots.
Indeed. A separate, out of the way, form that few will even know exists, and with no transparency, definitely won't help anyone. Of course, the thread didn't really help either, seeing that it was basically ignored, but at least it showed that users were keeping track of things and action might be taken, eventually...
BreOl72: The "STICKY: Forum Regulations" - Thread has been edited by Ashleee.
The PM links to Clownski_ , ponzco and PainOfSalvation have been removed.
Hmm, that may be bad news.
Post edited February 22, 2024 by Cavalary
high rated
Cavalary: Of course, the thread didn't really help either, seeing that it was basically ignored
Ah, but that's really only true for the last several weeks.
And apparently, there took some changes place behind the scene, that might have actively played into this.

Prior to that "phase of dormancy", they did react to the reports made in that thread, and removed the reported threads/posts/users.

Granted, sometimes it may have taken a few days (especially over the weekends), but eventually, they did react.

Btw: I've just discovered another bot post, resurrecting an old thread from 2015 (!)...I won't bother reporting it.
The "New" games tab on GOG's homepage is lagging behind again... seems stuck in the past (about 2 days in the past currently).
Wow, two weeks without anyone posting something that broke, must be some kind of record :).

I did yesterday get a "you left something in your cart" email from GOG when there actually wasn't anything in my cart. Anyone else see this?

Oh wait, looking at it again I see the game named later in the email and it was Xanadu Next that I purchased a gift copy of about 24 hours before the email (it was probably in my cart for maybe 30 seconds before buying).
Post edited March 08, 2024 by joveian
joveian: Wow, two weeks without anyone posting something that broke, must be some kind of record.
Looks to me as if less and less people care.
Forum participation has been declining over the last weeks/months.
BreOl72: Looks to me as if less and less people care.
Forum participation has been declining over the last weeks/months.
Apart from the spam/bots of course who are having a field day. No wonder less and less forum-ites are wanting to spend time here :(
Loading the game catalog and sale pages are more miss than hit for me at the moment. The catalog page is fully loading but after a second or two it is switching to an error page with "Ooops... something went wrong". And then you have the "choice" between the two buttons in the picture, which both redirects you to the same page, which is not loading... ;)
Attachments:
gog_oops.jpg (19 Kb)
For some reason, the news links on the front page are taking me to /pl/ URLs.
Seems like when i enter a game page on the store it's weird, like my username doesn't show up and there is no button visible to buy a game.
No problem seeing my username in the forum part.
Post edited March 14, 2024 by Fonzer
Fonzer: Seems like when i enter a game page on the store it's weird, like my username doesn't show up and there is no button visible to buy a game.
No problem seeing my username in the forum part.
Same here. And the page formatting is all broken.
According to Jpolgesek, It should be fixed soon.