It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Forum Image attachments are not working. If this post doesn't include any, it will be my third failed attempt.
From the darkness of my first post lost in action, I report another:

• Forum posting. The topics page reports the last update accordingly, but my post doesn't appear from the beginning and 20 minutes later. Will this one have the same luck?

GOG, should I open support requests to report both problems? Image attachments not posted and posts getting lost.

EDIT
Apparently this second post of mine unclogged the first one. The first post lost the attachment while the second didn't.

GOG, even though I know you don't like to reply, I'll be checking this topic the next 20 minutes in case you need me to open the support requests.
Attachments:
lost.png (21 Kb)
Post edited February 09, 2024 by 4thDown
GOG didn't reply as usual. GL fellow gamers with the glitches!
It's very unpleasant to see those "Oops! Something isn't right" messages everywhere on GOG Galaxy.

I love GOG, but it's becoming less and less satisfying to buy games here, when downloads don't fail, game patches take a long time to come out, or the platform crashes constantly.
Teniente Furia: It's very unpleasant to see those "Oops! Something isn't right" messages everywhere on GOG Galaxy.

I love GOG, but it's becoming less and less satisfying to buy games here, when downloads don't fail, game patches take a long time to come out, or the platform crashes constantly.
Free Download Manager is great for your offline game installer downloads. If the connection fails you can just start the download again from where it failed. It's got browser plugins for Firefox, Edge and Chrome. After installation you can even make it portable, so you don't have to have it installed.
4thDown: Forum Image attachments are not working. If this post doesn't include any, it will be my third failed attempt.
That seems to be a bug of the category: "does work in one case/doesn't work in another case".

I made several posts with images attached to them, and so far, it is a lottery, whether you get shown them, or not.

Edit: the attached image from your post (#3062) was visible to me, when I just wrote my comment - now - after posting my comment, it'*s vanished from your post again.

That's exactly what I meant.

(in case the attachment doesn't show: https://ibb.co/kXNxvqW )

Edit 2: second attached image

https://ibb.co/V29vCT9

Edit 3: Yep! Attached images get shown (or hidden) with every new page refresh.

If they don't show - reload the page, and they'll (probably) show.
Reload the page again, and they'll (probably) be gone again.
Rinse and repeat.
Attachments:
Post edited February 10, 2024 by BreOl72
Cavalary: Technically this now falls under what was just fixed :)
mrkgnao: Trust cannot be fixed that easily.
Later this month it'll be ten years since GOG lost mine, so that hardly even factors into it.
Not sure if this is just a temporary thing while they play around some more with the front page layout, but as of right now, the section on the front page that has the tabs "bestselling", "new" "upcoming" and, I think, "recommended for you" is nowhere to be found -- not near the top where it was moved a month or three ago, nor near the bottom where it had long resided, and where I'm pretty sure I saw it return in recent days. I guess it's possible this lack is intentional, rather than a "breakage", but I kinda hope not.
high rated
Not sure if this counts as "broken", but some things have been changed (whether to the better, remains to be seen):

The "STICKY: Forum Regulations" - Thread has been edited by Ashleee.
The PM links to Clownski_ , ponzco and PainOfSalvation have been removed.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/forum_regulations

Also:

The "Spam/bot Report Thread" has been locked.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/spambot_report_thread

Edit: typo
Post edited February 21, 2024 by BreOl72
high rated
BreOl72: Also:
The "Spam/bot Report Thread" has been locked.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/spambot_report_thread
A big disadvantage of the new report mechanism is that one cannot see anymore if others have reported a problem already or not. That could lead either to a flood of similar reports -OR- forum users losing interest in reporting anything at all.
g2222: A big disadvantage of the new report mechanism is that one cannot see anymore if others have reported a problem already or not.
That could lead either to a flood of similar reports -OR- forum users losing interest in reporting anything at all.
100% agreement.
Well, they'll find out.

Oh, and yes: personally, I feel now much less inclined to report spam/bots.
BreOl72: The "Spam/bot Report Thread" has been locked.
“We can't stop here, this is bot country!”
BreOl72:
It was edited by Clownski.

And the spambot thread says we should use report forms.
BreOl72:
InkPanther: It was edited by Clownski.
Not that that changes anything.
high rated
Every change to the spam report process seems to add friction. GOGcubs will ever believe the old GOGbears who remember the forum's built-in report function.